Skip to main content

15 Weeks

So here we are again.... on the road to meeting Baby Rector #2, and starting our little bump series so that we can remember what my body goes through (such a labor of love if you ask me, pun intended) as well as begin preparing ourselves, Eleanor and our little growing addition to the blessing that their life will add to our home.

Many people, friends, family and strangers alike, have not been shy to ask the question: "Um, was this a SURPRISE?!"... what, you mean it is not normal to get pregnant with your second when your first is only 7 months old? My honest answer - Yes. This little nugget was a surprise... but like, surprise you won the lottery, or surprise your mortgage has been paid off or surprise candy is the best source for vitamins and minerals. No, BJ and I were not trying... but we were ready to start... adding Eleanor to our life has been nothing shy of amazing. The thought of another one makes my heart skip a beat out of the JOY I can't help but feel!

Here is the real, transparent deal... when BJ and I got married, we were not sure how easy it would be to have children... it took my mom 10 years before she was able to have my brother, then myself and my sister. Because of bad decisions I made earlier in my life, I put my fertility chances in jeopardy all to be a size smaller... stupid. Well, these two vices combined made BJ and I agree that after Eleanor was born (our FIRST surprise) we would wait until the 6 month clear (C-section rules from my doctor) but that we would just see what happened... well, apparently it happened again :).

I feel so very humbled, so VERY humbled, that the Lord has had favor on our childbearing thus far... my heart literally breaks knowing that there are women out there who ache to the core to experience motherhood. The few that I know often come to my mind when I consider God's gift to BJ and I. We are undeserving for the ease this process has been for us.... humbled.

So at 15 weeks this time around... I am still battling morning sickness (which of course lasts all day and unfortunately has not only lasted longer than did with Eleanor, but is much worse... blah.), I have been showing since about 8 weeks (yep, even had a STRANGER - a man, of course - congratulate me... yikes), I am EX.HAUS.TED... like, Eleanor takes a nap and so does Mommy kind of tired and bed by 9:00pm tired. Heartburn seems to rear its vicious little head every once in a while, and instead of cravings I am basically having an aversion to everything (this is FINALLY getting a bit better). The only thing I do crave.... Freebirds. Lovely.

Little one, I know one thing already.... YOU. ARE. WORTH. IT. We love you, we love you, we love you and we can't WAIT for you to get here - it is an honor to carry you in this growing tummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rector 2.0

So, on April 2, 2011, I woke up to this... I immediately showed Eleanor to confirm... "Momma, are you kidding me??!!" So, we held off telling our families until Easter and had a great plan to reveal Eleanor as the BIG SISTER at the dinner table... we didn't think about that lunch was right after her nap, so she was a little groggy and looks unhappy, but we couldn't keep it anymore.... So a few days later we tried to take some pictures again to prove that Eleanor is VERY excited! We can't wait to meet you, Baby Rector #2!! As of now, we look forward to November 22nd when you will enter this world... (you are due December 1, but because I will have a C-section, you birthday is currently scheduled for November 22!)... but we are SO thankful to the Lord for your life as you grow inside of Momma right now and we are praying FERVENTLY for you... same as we did for your precious, big sister... healthy baby, who chooses Jesus at an early age and never once doubts that Mom...

ALOOOOHA....

T hat's right friends - we are packing our bags and taking a little BABYMOON next month. BJ surprised me last week and had this little ditty all worked out... ...In fact I did work out all the details, only to rework them a week later after the final go-ahead from Karen. Her rationale was appreciated and wise, albeit not well recieved at first. I called her the fun-killer. Ironic I know... "I'm a fun girl!" her famous self proclamation. (this portion written by BJ) N ot going to lie - when BJ first told me about this trip I was a little stressed (it's the planner and realist in me)... I mean, our life is crazy - and obviously finances are about to go haywire when we get into our new house and bring baby home... but as a good reminder, I have been brought back down to earth in realizing that there will ALWAYS be an excuse, we have more freedom now then we probably will ever again and God has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been our Faithful provider... we have the funds, so i...

Just Mauied...

So... in the spirit of the final blog about our wedding - it is time we move on to more important things for the blogger world hear about - it is only fair that we share some of our amazing honeymoon! Us, and about 5 other honeymooning couples on AA Flight 6 on October 12, 2008, journey to the honeymoon capital of the world -- MAUI!! One of the things I regret most is not taking up Mindy's offer and bring along her legit camera - we really did a bad job at capturing the best vacation ever, but we'll remember.... It all started here - the most magical sendoff I could ever imagine for my wedding.... and there we go... off to start life together as Mr. and Mrs. William Rector...! Dum Di Dum Dum....the next day (check out my awesome ratted hair) We had to get up at 7am to catch our flight - note: this is NOT recommended for anyone getting married-- either leave after noon or the Monday... wow that was rough! On-board AA Flight 6 direct to Maui! BJ and I cruising to our hotel in o...